So it begins Ö Well not really, but the NFL preseason does kick off on Aug. 5 and thatís close enough to start talking about fantasy football.
For those of us who have been waiting since the confetti started falling after Super Bowl XLVI, the season canít get here fast enough. Just the thought that fantasy football is in the wings makes the sun shine a little brighter and the grass grow greener.
Just like in the NFL, fantasy football draft picks are like gold. They make or break a teamís success. Any fantasy manager worth his salt has long since started researching and planning their 2012 draft. These are my top 10 fantasy players available.
1. Ray Rice, running back, Baltimore Ravens
2. Arian Foster, running back, Houston Texans
3. Aaron Rodgers, quarterback, Green Bay Packers
4. Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Detroit Lions
5. Maurice Jones-Drew, running back, Jacksonville Jaguars
6. Tom Brady, quarterback, New England Patriots
7. LeSean McCoy, running back, Philadelphia Eagles
8. Drew Brees, quarterback, New Orleans Saints
9. Cam Newton, quarterback, Carolina Panthers.
10. Tony Romo, quarterback, Dallas Cowboys
Fantasy is a game of chance for those of us who are pigskin-challenged. We may not win anything other than bragging rights. When it comes to fantasy football, bragging rights are more than enough.