Fort Bragg will implement the Department of Defense Child Care Fee Policy and related Child and Youth Program Fees for SY 2012-2013 on Oct. 1. By law, military child care fees are based on total Family income not military or civilian rank. The Army continues its commitment to provide affordable child care and youth programs by striving to keep fees lower than comparable community programs.
The following are some of the major changes in the DoD Child Care
Fee Policy for SY 12-13:
• 20 percent fee reduction for Families of deployed personnel is eliminated.
• Youth sports fee credit up to $100 per deployment cycle per child/youth is eliminated.
• SKIESUnlimited instructional class fee credit up to $300 per deployment cycle per child/youth is eliminated.
• $2 hourly care fee beyond the free respite child care hours is eliminated.
• Late payment fees will be charged after the fifth business day and are $2 per child per day per payment cycle. Services will be terminated if full payment for the month is not received by the last working day of the month without a command approved financial hardship waiver in place.
Charts containing the fee schedule for both the second and fourth week vacation options will be published as soon as they become available.