The Fort Bragg Tax Center will open Jan. 24, at 9 a.m. The tax center provides free tax preparation, electronic filing and tax form distribution for federal and all state tax returns.
The Tax Center has relocated to the sixth floor of the Soldier Support Center on Normandy Drive and will have a dedicated phone number beginning Jan. 22. That number will be 396-1040 or 396-8299 (TAXX).
The center will be open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Mondays through Fridays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturdays. The center will be closed on Sundays and all major federal holidays but will open on most training holidays.
The center will be open until midnight on April 15.
The only entrance open for after hours and Saturdays is the main, canopy covered entrance to the Soldier Support Center.
Active-duty servicemembers, including members of the Reserve and National Guard component on active-duty orders for more than 29 days, Family members, and retirees may use the tax center.
Assistance is provided on an appointment or a walk-in basis. Please make an appointments to reduce wait time.
• Arrive at the tax center no later than one hour prior to closing.
• Bring their W2 forms, which can be downloaded from https://mypay.dfas.mil. A copy of an LES cannot be used.
• Bring their military/dependent/retiree ID card.
• Bring a power of attorney if filing for another person or filing “married filing jointly” without your spouse present and any tax forms they have received in the mail.
• If taxpayers want to receive an expedited refund via direct deposit, they must also bring a canceled check.
Active-duty Army W2s are scheduled to be released on Jan. 24.