1. Ghostly Kayak: Lake Rim Park will host the event Oct. 19 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Paddle along a remote lake after the sun goes down for a spooky night on the water. Children 15 and under must be accompanied by a participating adult. The cost is $20 per person. For more information, call 910-433-1018.
2. Blood Donor Center: The Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center has a critical need for O-negative blood. Donors may go by the center, at 3357 Village Drive, Suite 150, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to make a donation. The center also is open the third Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call 615-5433. The center has several upcoming blood drives:
• Saturday: Cumberland Road Fire Department Station No. 5 Safety Day, 3543 Cumberland Road, 1 to 4 p.m.
• Oct. 20: Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center, 3357 Village Drive, Pinktober Day, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Spring Lake Health Fair, 245 Ruth St., Spring Lake, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
3. Stars & Guitars: The seventh annual WKML Stars & Guitars concert is scheduled for Nov. 12 at the Crown Theatre. Scheduled performers include David Lee Murphy, Craig Campbell, Tyler Farr, Trent Harmon, and Cam and Carlton Anderson. Tickets can be purchased online at CapeFearTix.com, by phone at 888-257-6208, at the Crown box office or at the Leisure Travel Office on Fort Bragg. VIP packages include a ticket in the first four rows, access to a special preshow dinner party with a performance from Carlton Anderson and a VIP gift bag.
We want to hear from you: Please submit your events in writing at least 10 days in advance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax details to 910-486-3545. For questions, call 910-486-3500.